Twitter Twitter Integration
Why Integrate Twitter?
In this section we'll show you how to integrate Twitter into your website, blog, and Facebook. This can help to increase your Twitter following and brand awareness.
Embedding Twitter Timeline on Your Website
Embedded timeline widgets give you the ability to embed a collection of Tweets (known as a timeline) on your own website. There are four types of embedded timelines:
- User Timeline: Display public Tweets from any user on Twitter.
- Favorites: Show all Tweets a specific user has marked as favorites.
- List: Show Tweets from public lists that you own and/or subscribe to.
- Search: Display customized search results in real time (perfect for live events, conferences, brands, etc.).
To learn how to set up an embedded timeline, visit Twitter's help page.
Adding Twitter Buttons to Your Website
You can add a Tweet button, Follow button, Hashtag button, or Twitter Mention button to your website.
- Tweet button allows people to share your webpage (and a Tweet) on their Twitter timeline.
- Follow button allows users to follow your account directly from your website.
- Hashtag button allows you to choose a hashtag ( # symbol used with a keyword) so people can share it on Twitter and start a conversatoin about your website/brand/post.
- Mention button includes your handle (@username), so if someone clicks on the button, your username will be included in their Tweet and link back to your Twitter page.
To learn how to add Twitter buttons to your website, visit this Twitter help page.
Conncecting Twitter to Your Facebook Page
You can connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that your Tweets will automatically post to your Facebook Page.
For step-by-step directions, visit this Twitter help page.