Facebook Getting Started
With over 1 billion active members, Facebook is the most widely used social network worldwide, by people of all ages!
Facebook is a great way for businesses to connect with existing customers, make new contacts, and get the word out about products and services.
So how do you get “on” Facebook?
- Create a personal Profile
- Create a business Page
- Join a Group/Create a Cause
We’ll show you how to do all of those things, step-by-step.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc
Who is On Facebook?
The numbers don't lie - Facebook is for everyone, of every age.
Learn the Lingo
- Like – a virtual thumbs-up you can give to Facebook content.
- Status – answers the question “What’s on your mind?”- a brief update to your ‘friends’.
- Timeline – a chronoligical collection of your photos, experiences, stories, and activity.
- Friends – anyone you’re connected to on Facebook.
- Newsfeed – a stream of content that updates you on the status, "likes", and posts of your friends and brands or causes you follow.
- Page – a Timeline for businesses, organizations, and brands to share and interact with people.
- Cover Photo – a banner photo at the top of your Timeline that shows off the look and feel of your brand.
- Apps – software designed to enhance the Facebook experience with additional features.
- Tabs – a section of boxes where your apps live, displayed to the right of your info.
- Mobile Upload – content that comes directly from your mobile phone, like a photo.
- Tagging – identifying a person or brand in a photo or post.