Facebook Managing Timeline Tabs and Applications
Positioning Tabs at the top of the new Timeline view
One of the big changes to Pages is the Tabs representing your Facebook apps, that used to be small icons along the left side of the Page, are now bigger and right under your cover photo.
You can set which three Tabs after the photos you always want visible.
Here's how to change which Tabs show up at the top:
- Log into your Facebook account and go to your Page
- Go to the top section of your Timeline, where the various Tabs of your Page display.
- To the right of the last Tab in that list, you'll see a down arrow. Click that arrow to expand the section and view the other Tabs on your Page.
- Hover your cursor over the right corner of the block you want to feature. A pencil edit icon will appear.
- Click the pencil icon. A dropdown menu displays saying, "Swap position with...". Beneath that is the list of the various Tabs in your Facebook Page. Select the Tab that appears in the position where you want to put your chosen Tab and the two blocks switch positions.
How to change the display name and image of Tabs and Applications
To help encourage your Page visitors to check out your active social campaigns or other special content, you can update both the name and image of your Tabs.
It’s easy to do.
- Navigate to the Tabs sections of your Page as listed above.
- To the right of the last Tab, you'll see a down arrow. Click that arrow to expand the section and view the other Tabs on your Page.
- Hover your cursor over the right corner of the block you want to edit. A pencil edit icon will appear.
- Click the pencil icon. A dropdown menu displays, select "edit settings."
- On the overlay that displays, you can enter a new name for your Tab. For example, Just for Fans.
- Next customize the image by clicking on "Change" beside Custom Tab Image.
- On the Upload a custom image page that displays, click "Change". The Upload a Page Tab overlay displays.
- Click "Choose File" to browse to the image that you wish to use from your computer. You’ll want something that represents your offer or content. Once the image loads into the screen, close the browser window. You will return to the browser window with the Tab name overlay.
- Click Okay on the overlay to see the way your renamed Tab looks.